WHAT TO DO IF YOU FIND A STRAY!
1. Post on facebook group "Indianapolis Lost Pet Alert". Try to include a photo.
2. Take it to a vet to get scanned for a microchip.
3. The stray animal must be reported to your local Animal Control within 48 hours. You may also take the animal there. Owner's will not always call every rescue group looking for their dog/cat but they will call the city's shelter, most times.
4. You may not rehome the pet, immediately. The stray hold for citizens and rescues is 30 days.
5. Whether you can foster the pet until you find an owner or you have to take it to the shelter, hang flyers in the found location, with contact info of where the pet is.